Are you looking for some good sunset captions for Instagram pics? Do you want to wow your audience with beautiful and poetic sunset quotes for Instagram? You’re in the right place. This post is a collection of the best sunset Instagram captions and sun set quotes your followers will love!
Sunsets are the most magical, inspiring and romantic moments and no sunset captions can truly reflect this awe-inspiring moment, but we can certainly try.
I have gathered 500 best Instagram sunset captions including beautiful song lyrics about sunsets, sunset captions puns, best love sunset quotes, quotes about beach sunset, sea and sunset quotes, inspirational sunset quotes, poetic quotes on evening sky and for the minimalists – sunset short captions!
All the awesome captions for Instagram sunset and beautiful sun setting quotes are grouped into categories so look at the table of content to find your favourite sunset related captions fast!
You may also like:
THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS. THIS MEANS I MAY EARN A COMMISSION SHOULD YOU CHOOSE TO SIGN UP FOR A PROGRAM OR MAKE A PURCHASE USING MY LINK FOR NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. IT’S OKAY – I LOVE ALL OF THESE COMPANIES ANYWAYS, AND YOU WILL TOO! FULL DISCLOSURE.
Best Sunset Captions for Instagram Post
Ok, I know… most of us are too busy to go through this entire list of Instagram captions about sunset. So, here are some of the very best of the best sunset captions for Instagram photos – funny, beautiful, witty – take your pick!
- Watch more sunsets than Netflix.
- Collect moments, not things.
- Many things in life can wait, but the sunset won’t. Watch it.
- Every time I see a sunset my heart skips a beat.
- Sun-kissed sun of a beach!
- Sunset state of mind.
- Life’s a beach. Sunsets make it better.
- If ever there was a time to stop staring at my phone…
- Mother nature doesn’t need a filter.
- Live for the moments you can’t put into words.
- Breathe in the sunset.
- Some moments are gold.
- Happiness — available from a sunset near you.
More Catchy Instagram Captions for Sunsets
Haven’t found your perfect caption for sunset yet? Here are some more sunset captions Instagram will love. Captions about sunsets don’t always need to be long and convoluted, sometimes the best caption for sunset is short and snappy.
- Looking for perfection? Found it in last night’s sunset.
- Sunsets. AKA, the one thing I’ll never, ever get enough of.
- Sunset vibes, happy times.
- Wait till the sunset to shine like a star.
- Who needs Netflix when you’ve got a sunset so good?
- And in this moment, the world felt still.
- Sunsets. The one thing we could all use more of in life.
- Here comes the sunset.
- Something beautiful is on the horizon.
- Grateful for sunsets.
- I dream in the colours of the sunset.
- That feeling when it’s just you and a beautiful sunset…
- Born to chase oranges, yellows, blues, and pink.
- One thing’s for sure. I need more sunsets in my life.
- Forever that girl that gets really excited when the sky is in pretty colours.
- Follow the sun, wherever it leads.
- Somewhere between heaven and earth.
- The sky speaks in a thousand colors.
- A sunset should never go unnoticed.
- I long for endless horizons.
- The sun’s saying goodnight again.
- Cloudy days make gorgeous reds.
- Swallow the sunset and drink the rainbow.
- I was born to explore, have adventures, and watch sunsets
- Sunsets and silhouettes.
Best Sunset Quotes for Instagram
If you prefer Instagram quotes about sunset over captions for Instagram bio, here are some of the best sunset quotes Instagram followers will love! Which sunset golden hour quotes do you like the best?
- “Don’t forget, beautiful sunsets need cloudy skies.” — Paulo Coelho
- “A sunset will colour your dreams.” — Anthony Hincks
- “There’s something reassuring about seeing the same sun no matter where you are in the world.” – Unknown
- “Peace is seeing a sunset and knowing who to thank.” – Unknown
- “Her heart was made of liquid sunsets.” — Virginia Woolf
- “Ô, Sunlight! The most precious gold to be found on Earth.” – Roman Payne
- “Sometimes, the sunset is so beautiful that I think it might be the very last one.”- Nitya Prakash
- “Some things in life are priceless. A glorious sunset is one of them.” – Unknown
- O let me bathe my soul in colours; let me swallow the sunset and drink the rainbow! — Kahlil Gibran
- “Never go too long without watching a sunset.” — Atticus
- “I am very fond of sunsets. Come, let us go look at a sunset.” – Antoine de Saint-Exuper
- “A sunset is the sun’s fiery kiss to the night.” — Crystal Woods
- “Watching the sun dip below the horizon, I cannot help but yearn to follow it.” – Unknown
- “The horizon changes but the sun does not.” — Joyce Rachelle
More Beautiful Quotes of Sunset Nature & Sunset Instagram Quotes
Here are some more beautiful quotes for sunset pics. A good quote can be all you need for your caption on sunset photo! Feel free to copy your favourite sunset photo quotes to use for whatever you need.
- “Sunset is so marvellous that even the sun itself watches it every day in the reflections of the infinite oceans.” — Mehmet Murat Ildan
- The setting sun speaks volumes to all who see it. – Unknown
- “Softly the evening came with the sunset.” — Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- “A sunset is the sun’s fiery kiss to the night.” — Crystal Woods
- “When the sun has set, no candle can replace it.” — George R.R. Martin
- Sunsets are like parties. They get better as the night goes on and I never want them to end.
- “There is nothing more musical than a sunset.” — Claude Debussy
- “Every sunset brings the promise of a new dawn.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “My joy is the golden sunset giving thanks for another day.” — Jonathan Lockwood
- “Let the warm glow of the setting sun kiss life’s hurts away.” — Unknown
- “Autumn is a sunset around every corner.” — Unknown
- “Sunsets are loved because they vanish.” — Ray Bradbury
- “Sunset is the opening music of the night.” — Mehmet Murat İldan
- “To watch a sunset is to connect with the Divine.” — Gina De Gorna
Quotes About Sunsets on the Beach
Are you looking specifically for some good sunset beach quotes? If you like being poetic on your Instagram, beach and sunset quotes can be the perfect caption for beach sunset photos. Here are the top four sunset at the beach quotes.
- “One day, all your worries will set like the sun does and deserved happiness will come gushing like waves at the beach do. All you need to make sure is that your trips to the beach never end.” ― Jasleen Kaur Gumber
- “Made to enjoy music, to enjoy beautiful sunsets, to enjoy looking at the billows of the sea.” – Unknown
- “Sunset is so marvelous that even the sun itself watches it every day in the reflections of the infinite oceans.” — Mehmet Murat Ildan
- “They sipped until the sun, as golden as syrupy as the bourbon, slipped into the sea.” – Unknown
Sunset Beach Captions for Instagram
If you haven’t managed to pick any of the quotes on beach sunset, here are some more ideas for beach sunset captions. The captions for Instagram beach sunset in this section are simpler and more fun. Which beach sunset Instagram captions are your favourite?
- My favorite painting is a sunset over a beach.
- Twilight + Beach = Perfection.
- Life’s a beach.
- That crazy little sun of a beach.
- Sunset beers, beach-side cheers, and dreamy days.
- Let’s go somewhere where the sun kisses the beach.
- Dreams are made of sand and sunsets.
- There’s nothing better than a beach at sunset.
- Sunset, palm trees & ocean breeze.
- Sun kissing ocean. Beach touching bum.
- Sand, sun, sea, and me!
- Sunsets and oceans. It’s what I do.
- Beach bums and setting suns.
- Just watching sun-kissed waves drift the day away.
- Happiness is the sun setting over a beach.
- Sand, sea, and sunsets.
- Sunsets & palm trees.
Sunset Love Quotes
Ok, after sunset and beach captions it’s time for some epic quotes about sunset and love. Some of these love and sunset quotes are specific sunset couple quotes, some are inspiring and poetic sunset with love quotes, others are just generic love quotes about sunsets. Here they are.
- “The sun loves the moon so much that he dies every night to let her breathe.” — Jeffrey Fry
- Someday, you will find the one, who will watch every sunrise with you until the sunset of your life.
- “I want to kiss you as intensely as the setting sun smooches the sky.”
- “Take me where the sky lights up in the colors of a fiery sunset.”
- “All I ever wanted was to dream another sunset with you.” — Mayday Parade
- “The first stab of love is like a sunset, a blaze of color — oranges, pearly pinks, vibrant purples.” — Anna Godbersen
- “I want to see how sunset decorates your hair.” — Tyler Knott Gregson
- Listen to the sunset, see its pretty hue. When you see it, think of me, and I’ll think of you. – Oksana Rus
- “She was in love with the sunset. No one else ever even stood a chance.” – Unknown
- “In ten minutes things could look so different, like the color of a sunset and the world after meeting you.” — Unknown
- “The sky has changed from orange to a hundred shades of pink to a dark navy blue, and here I am still loving you.” — A.Y.
- “A magical, mesmerizing, mind-bending moment made better by having you at my side.”
- “I don’t know how long we stay that way, but we watch the sun go down together. The giant, burnt-orange sphere sinks towards the horizon, colouring the rock layers until it’s gone and the canyon is covered in shadow.” – Jennifer Salvato Doktorski
- “Weddings like golden hours. The romance of the moment. Marriage is the sea in which the red sun sets.” — Unknown
- “I notice simple things. The way your hands hold the book you are reading, expressions of your face and eagerness in your eyes while you watch the sunset.” – Nitya Prakash
- “Red sails in the sunset. Way out on the sea. Oh, carry my loved one Home safely to me.” – Burl Ives ‘Red Sails In the Sunset’
- “Pour me a sunset, kill the night, and I promise to drink with you forever.” — William C. Hannan
- “The sun still lives his silent vows to the moon, by bowing to kiss her feet whenever she walks in the room.” — Curtis Tyrone Jones
- “She was a sunset type of girl and he was a sunrise kind of guy. They lived on opposite ends of the day but together made up a whole sky.” — Unknown
More Quotes about Sunset and Love + Sunset Love Captions
Here are some more romantic sunset quotes. There is nothing better (other than watching the sunset) than love quotes about sunset to express your deep feelings for someone.
- I wanna spend the rest of my sunsets with you.
- All you need is love and sunsets.
- All that beauty, but I can’t stop looking at you.
- Color-soaked skies and you at my side. Paradise.
- You add colors to my sunset sky.
- Falling in love beneath the sunset.
- Kiss me like the glistening red sun kisses the sky.
- All you need is love and sunsets.
- You’re the sun to my sky.
- A view of the ocean, mountains, and the sunset. But yet, he was still looking at me.
- Toes tingle in the sand. Eyes glint under golden skies. And I know I love you.
- I love spending every sunset right next to you.
- Loving the sunset. Loving life. Loving you.
- I’d be lost without you and the sunset.
- I just need you and some sunsets.
- I live for sunsets with you.
- A perfect end to a perfect day with a perfect you.
- Your smile is like a sunset. One look at you and my walls go down.
More Captions for Instagram Love Photos + Sunset Quotes about Love
What can I say? Love quotes sunset -inspired, make some of the best captions for Instagram. So, here are some more romantic captions on Instagram.
- I want to see a whole world of different color-soaked skies with you.
- Here’s to a lifetime of golden sunsets spent together.
- The most beautiful sunsets are the ones we share.
- Sunsets and soulmates.
- This, right here, with you, is all I could ever need.
- I love you to the sunset and back.
- I want to spend the rest of my sunsets with you.
- Live by the sun. Love by the moon.
- The sun’s going down now, but my love for you burns brighter than ever.
- I live for these golden evenings with you.
- There’s nothing more magical than watching a sunset with a loved one.
- In this moment the sun wasn’t shining on us. It was shining in us.
- Sunsets and sunrises happen only where you are. There are only grey twilight here.
Sunset Puns & Funny Sunset Captions
Okay, enough with the romance! Here are some of the best sunset funny captions that I guarantee, will make you laugh! The list also includes funny beach captions for Instagram. There are so many ways to caption sunset, but nothing can beat a hilarious caption with sunset! Who needs beautiful sunset captions if there are so many hysterical and amazing captions for Instagram!
- Life’s a beach. Sunsets make it better.
- When the sky turns pink, it’s time for a drink.
- Sunset is about the only thing I can afford to watch right now.
- Sunrise and sunset are two important moments. But people usually yawn…
- Keep palm and find pink skies.
- I thought that watching a sunset would help, but it left me more in the dark.
- Sunsets are boring…said no one ever.
- Golden hour is my happy hour.
- After every sunset comes a new sunrise… followed by a breakfast.
- Sun of a beach that’s a nice sunset!
- I stayed up all night wondering where the sun went. Then it dawned on me.
- Reading while sunbathing makes you well-red.
- Sunrise, sunburn, sunset, repeat.
- Sundown is my kind of meltdown.
- Watching the sunset is illuminating.
- The only kind of sunset I don’t like, is the one I’ve missed.
- Erm…okay, so who painted the sky?
- Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.
- You don’t need a beautiful sunset to be inspired, just Photoshop.
- This sunset stole a pizza our hearts.
- Blondes have more sun.
- Beach daze, always.
- Girls just wanna have sun.
- Sunset of a beach.
- Watch the sunset. Not Netflix.
- The sun set sun-denly.
- Tan lines and unforgettable times.
- Sunset. Funset.
- Here comes the sun…set.
- Everything gets hotter when the sun sets.
- Sunsets and sol-mates.
- Give me a sunset and I’m happy as Larry.
- Shell-abrate good times and tan lines.
- Sunsets. Life’s way to saying: ‘good job, you survived another day. Here’s something pretty!
- I just need more sunsets in my life.
- I thought watching a sunset would help but it left me more in the dark.
- That’s my kind of light show
- The crazy little sun of a beach.
- Your chances of catching the sunset tonight are pretty dim.
- What’s your favourite colour? Mine’s ‘sunset’
- Want to race to the sunset? I bet I can beach you to it.
- It’s all sun and games until somebody gets hurt…or burnt.
- Food in tum. Beach under bum. Eyes on the sun.
- Okay mother nature, you got my attention.
- Beer. Beach. Sunset. What more could you want?!
- Fifty shades of…red, orange, pink, and purple?
- City lights got nothin’ on country nights.
- The sun’s rays riding waves.
- Reading under the sun made me well-red.
- Shout out to Mother Nature- putting on a show tonight.Shout out to Mother Nature- putting on a show tonight.
- I tried to see the sunset but there was dusk in my eyes.
- You don’t need a beautiful sunset to be inspired, just Photoshop.
- I wanted to see the sunset, but I mist it.
- Woah. Nature at its finest.
- That, right there, is a sunset I’d ride a horse into.
Funny Sunset Quotes
Did you laugh at some of the hilarious Instagram captions about sunsets from the previous section? Here are some best funny quotes about sunsets. I challenge you to use the first quote as your next caption of sunset photo!
- “Not everyone has to ride off into the sunset with a man. Some of us just want a tan.” — Mandy Hale
- “To me, everything is beautiful. Show me a pink sunset, and I’m limp, by God.”- J.D. Salinger
- “Sunsets = one situation in life when it isn’t rude to stand and stare.” – Unknow
- “Today I saw a red and yellow sunset and thought, how insignificant I am! Of course, I thought that yesterday too, and it rained.” ― Woody Allen
- “Sunset at the beach- a time to shell-abrate like none other” – A.N Onymous
- “If I could lick the sunset, I’ll bet it would taste like Neapolitan ice cream.” ― Jarod Kintz
- “It’s that time between day and night when the sky looks like it’s on fire and mosquitoes are on the hunt.” ― Angie Thomas
Quotes about Sunrise and Sunset
If you’re looking for some specific sunrise to sunset quotes and sunrise sunset Instagram captions, here is a good list.
- “The sunrise paints the sky with pinks and the sunset with peaches.” — Vera Nazarian
- “Don’t waste sunrises on people who will be gone by sunset.” — Unknown
- “There’s always a sunrise and always a sunset and it’s up to you to choose to be there for it… Put yourself in the way of beauty.” — Cheryl Strayed
- “Sunrise is the start of something beautiful: the day. Sunset is the start of something beautiful: the night.” — Juansen Dizon
- “The sky takes on shades of orange during sunrise and sunset, the color that gives you hope that the sun will set only to rise again.” ― Ram Charan
- “I love sunrises and sunsets. But what I really love is the space that I have in-between them to do something incredible.” ― Craig D. Lounsbrough
- “Sunset is always wiser than sunrise because sunset has added the experience of an entire day to his soul.” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
- “The darkness that follows a sunset is never so dark that it can change the inevitability of a sunrise.” — Craig D. Lounsbrough
- “May every sunrise bring you hope, may every sunset bring you peace.” — Unknown
- “The biggest cliché in photography is sunrise and sunset.” – Catherine Opie
- “It was sunsets that taught me that beauty sometimes only lasts for a couple of moments, and it was sunrises that showed me that all it takes is patience to experience it all over again.” — A.J. Lawless
- “If I missed the sunrise of this day and if I let the sunset slip by unnoticed, I might ask if what captured my attention this day was worth the loss of this day because I can’t think of anything that’s that important.” ― Craig D. Lounsbrough
- “Life is all about enjoying every sunset and looking forward to the next sunrise.” — Unknown
- “You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn’t waste either.” — Galen Rowell
- “It was sunset that taught me that beauty sometimes lasts but a moment, and it was sunrise that showed me that all it takes is patience to experience it all over again.” – AJ Lawless
- “We wouldn’t like it if the sunrise came right after the sunset. Love grows with longing; the longer the night, the greater our love for the sunrise.” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
- “I love that this morning’s sunrise is not defined by last night’s sunset.” — Steve Maraboli
- “A sunrise or sunset can be ablaze with brilliance and arouse all the passion, all the yearning, in the soul of the beholder.” – Mary Balogh
- There’s never one sunrise the same or one sunset the same. – Carlos Santana
More Sunrise and Sunset Quotes
Haven’t found your caption for Instagram sunset & sunrise yet? Here are some more good sunset captions that also mention sunrise and more chasing the sunset quotes until the sunrise!
- Don’t waste sunrises on people who will be gone by sunset.
- “If you can rise like the sun in a country where the sun has set, all eyes will be turned to you!”
- “No sun outlasts its sunset, but will rise again and bring the dawn.” — Maya Angelou
- “May every sunrise hold more promise and every sunset hold more peace.” — Umair Siddiqui
- “Every sunset is also a sunrise; it all depends on where you stand.” — Karl Schmidt
- “I like that time is marked by each sunrise and sunset whether or not you actually see it.”
- “We wanderers, ever seeking the lonelier way, begin no day where we have ended another day; and no sunrise finds us where sunset left us.” — Kahlil Gibran
- “It seems there is more interest in sunsets than sunrises. Perhaps because innately, we fear the dark.” — Richelle E. Goodrich
Captions for Sunset Photos
Are you after the perfect sunset photo caption that will beautifully reflect what’s on the picture? Here is a collection of short but clever sunset picture captions including some nostalgic and inspiring sunset photography captions. If you’re lacking the right words to describe a beautiful sunset photo that you have takes, read through the below ideas for a caption for sunset photo.
- Oh, these radiant colors of the evening.
- Love like a sunset.
- A photo could never do justice to the beauty of this sunset.
- Blood red skies bringing an end to the day.
- Ride off into your sunset.
- Dusk is my favourite time of day
- Beautiful moments to treasure.
- Is it just me, or is this literally paradise?
- I long for endless evening colors.
- Here I am, collecting memories.
- Our planet is an amazing place. Especially at dusk.
- Everybody stop!! This sunset needs our attention.
- Sunset vibes and happy times.
- A bright red setting sun.
- A sky that seems too good to be true!
- My happy place.
- Sunsets and oceans. It’s what I do.
- For a minute there, I lost myself.
- Happiness – Available from a sunset near you.
- A sunset so good it made me want to give the sky a round of applause.
- I never met a sunset I didn’t like.
- A sunset that good doesn’t need a filter.
- Fiery colors and the ocean are breathtaking together.
- Massive waves and stunning vivid evenings.
- Left breathless at the beauty of the setting sun.
- Proof that few things in life are as beautiful as a setting sun.
- Sunsets are nature’s way of making us pay attention.
Sunset Photography Quotes
If you rather be more poetic in your sunset pic caption, here are some of the best sunset picture quotes.
- “The sunset doesn’t care if we watch it or not, it will keep on being beautiful even if no one bothers to look at it.” — Gene Amole
- “Sunset is still my favorite color and rainbow is second.” — Mattie Stepanek
- “The sunsets you see will always be better than the ones you don’t.” – Karen Joy Fowler
- “When I admire the wonders of a sunset or the beauty of the moon, my soul expands in the worship of the creator.” — Mahatma Gandhi
- “A day spent with dreaming and sunsets and refreshing breezes cannot be bettered.”
- “Another day, another setting sun. How fortunate am I that there’s more to come?”
- “If you are in a beautiful place where you can enjoy sunrise and sunset, then you are living like a lord.” – Nathan Phillips
- “Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing.” — Dr. Seuss
Watching Sunset Quotes
In the previous sections, there was a lot of ideas for Instagram captions for sunset pictures, now we’re getting a little more specific – quotes for sunset view captions.
- Am I dreaming? Or is the sun really setting fire to the sky right now?
- It’s the simple things that are the most beautiful.
- It’s absolutely mesmerizing to watch the ocean waves blended with pretty shades of pink, purple, and blue.
- It will blow you away when you observe the sun going down for the night near the ocean.
- Watching the sun’s final rays ride the waves into tomorrow.
- “I can look at a sunset now without having to think how to describe it.” – W. Somerset Maugham
- “A beautiful sunset that was mistaken for a dawn.” – Claude Debussy
- The sun sets fire to the sea and sky and we sit back to watch.
- “The sun broke like an egg into full sunset and water caught fire.” – Pamela Johnson
- “Sunset is so marvellous that even the sun itself watches it every day in the reflections of the infinite oceans!” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
- The ocean and the sunset. The most relaxing way to end your evening.
Lyrics about Sunset
This section is a collection of the best sunset quotes from songs. If I had to choose my favourite caption for evening sky, I would go with Lady Gaga. How would you feel if you managed to have one of the best captions on Instagram?
- “When the sun goes down and the band won’t play, I’ll always remember us this way.” — Lady Gaga, “Always Remember Us This Way”
- “Baby, don’t you know that you’re my golden hour?” — Kacey Musgraves, “Golden Hour”
- “We had joy, we had fun. We had seasons in the sun.” — Westlife, “Seasons in the Sun”
- “Sunrise, sunburn, sunset, repeat.” — Luke Bryan, “Sunrise, Sunburn, Sunset”
- “I’m gonna soak up the sun.” — Sheryl Crow, “Soak Up the Sun”
- “I’m not used to going out before the sun goes down.” — Seaway, “Lula on the Beach”
- “There’s too many things I haven’t done yet. There’s too many sunsets I haven’t seen.” — Sara Bareilles, “Many The Miles”
- “Low key, no pressure, just hang with me and my weather.” — Paramore, “Rose-Colored Boy”
- “I think it’s time you had a pink cloud summer.” — Movements, “Daylily”
- “Even the sun sets in paradise.” — Maroon 5, “Payphone”
- “I got a pocket, got a pocketful of sunshine.” — Natasha Bedingfield, “Pocketful of Sunshine”
- “Remember that life is not meant to be wasted. We can always be chasing the sun.” — Sara Bareilles, “Chasing the Sun”
Short Sunset Captions for Instagram
How to caption sunset Instagram followers will love? Use a short caption for sunset that is funny and snappy. After all, we all have a very short attention span… I mean do we really believe anyone reads long captions? The list includes one word caption for sunset at the bottom.
- Here I am, collecting memories
- Sunset. This is my favorite color.
- The golden hour.
- Born to chase sunsets.
- The evening always delivers.
- Sunsets and smiles.
- Pink haze, perfect days.
- Just watch.
- Paint the sky. Make it yours.
- Adore gold skies.
- You can’t beat a good sunset.
- Cherish every sunset.
- Staying here ‘til the sunsets.
- No two bright evenings are ever the same.
- Born to chase oranges, yellows, and blues.
- Red at night…
- Never let a sunset go unnoticed.
- Turn to face the sun and the shadows fall behind you.
- Paradise found.
- Pink haze putting me in a daze.
- The sun is saying goodnight.
More Simple Sunset Captions for Instagram
Here are some more short caption sunset quotes to make that perfect sunset caption short and sweet!
- Sunsets are one thing in life that won’t wait.
- Sunset breeze always colorful.
- Sunsets are the stuff of dreams.
- Words do no justice to sunset scenes.
- Superb sunsets and serendipity.
- Stop. Pause. Breathe. Stare. Delight.
- Sunkissed nose.
- That’s some sunset!
- Inhale. Exhale. And repeat.
- Everything is fine where there is sunshine.
- Sunset skies. Life is good.
- Sunsets wait for nobody.
- Is this real life?
- Radiance. Elegance. Serenity.
- Faith looks up.
- Pure magic.
- Stay till the sun sets.
- Sunset cuddles are the best cuddles.
- Now that’s a sunset!
- Got wet. Sun set. Needs met.
- Clear your mind, watch the sky.
- Another day, another dollar.
- Can’t. Stop. Looking.
- Flaming skies.
Long Sunset IG Captions
If you think you need longer writing to caption Instagram sunset here are some quotes for sunset captions for sky pictures. Includes beautiful captions for Instagram.
- “A large drop of sun lingered on the horizon and then dripped over and was gone, and the sky was brilliant over the sport where it had gone, and a told cloud, like a bloody rag, hung over the spot of its going. And dusk crept over the sky from the eastern horizon, and darkness crept over the land from the east.” – John Steinbeck
- “We were made to enjoy music, to enjoy beautiful sunsets, to enjoy looking at the billows of the sea.” — Desmond Tutu
- It doesn’t matter how many times I see them. Sunsets never fail to catch me off guard and take my breath away.
- “People are just as wonderful as sunsets if you let them be. When I look at a sunset, I don’t find myself say, ‘soften the orange a bit on the hand corner’. I don’t try to control a sunset. I watch with awe as it unfolds.” – Carl Rogers
- “Bursts of gold on lavender melting into saffron. It’s the time of day when the sky looks like it has been spray-painted by a graffiti artist.” — Mia Kirshner
- “I find it incredibly amazing how at every sunset, the sky is a different shade. No cloud is ever in the same place. Each day is a new masterpiece. A new wonder. A new memory.”
- Glistening seas touch fiery skies, splintering reflections of warmth that dazzle and delight.
- “You have to travel far and wide to see a lot of the world’s wonders, but sunsets can be appreciated in every corner of the earth.” — Kimmie Conner
- “You’ll need coffee shops and sunsets and road trips. Airplanes and passports and new songs and old songs, but people more than anything else. You will need other people and you will need to be that other person to someone else, a living breathing screaming invitation to believe better things.” – Jamie Tworkowski
- There’s nothing like a fiery sun dropping below a distant horizon to remind you how small you really are.
- A sunset is life’s way of saying: ‘Good job, you survived today. Here’s something pretty!’
- “The strange thing about the sunset is that we actually don’t want the sun to set, we want it to stay right on the horizon, not below it, not above it, just right on it!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
- When you watch a sunset, you’re not in the moment; the moment is in you.
Sunset and Sea Quotes
Here is a specific list of sea sunset quotes and captions describing the ocean during the golden hours.
- The sun sets fire to the sea and sky and we sit back to watch.
- Sunsets and wistful waves.
- Light shimmers and glimmers off still waters as the sun continues its perpetual cycle.
- Can anything beat a sun-kissed ocean?
- “The sky broke like an egg into full sunset and the water caught fire.” ― Pamela Johnson
- A setting sun setting fire to the sea and sand.
- Sun, sea, the sand & me.
- Ocean child.
- “Foam is white and waves are grey; Beyond the sunset leads my way.” — J.R.R. Tolkien
Sunset Sky Quotes
Ok, we’ve done sunset sea quotes, now it’s time for evening sky quotes. Which of the quotes about evening sky, you like the most?
- “Nightfall was approaching, the light pouring away past the world’s horizon in a gradually darkening cascade.” — Obie Williams
- “The sun was now in its demise throes, bruising the sky a coiling purpose and orange.” – Harlan Coben
- “They’d lay there and watch the magical show in the sky as it transformed from one color to the next, before fading into darkness in a matter of moments. The sun had a split personality of its own.” ― Arti Manani
- “The more clouds you have in your sky, the more colorful sunset it will be.” — Sajal Sazzad
- “When the sun goes down, some are afraid that darkness will fall and some are happy that the stars will come out. Your reaction to what happens in the outside world is more important than what is in the outside world.” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
- “Now she’s lit by the warm orange spreading from the horizon as not-quite-day, becomes not-quite-night.” ― David Levithan
- As the saturating colours of sun-life fade from sight, the ominous moon reaches out its long arm and applies the dark dyes of night. – Daniel J. Rice
- “As I burst into the light that afternoon, the sun had just slipped behind the roofline and the house was in eclipse, the sky behind glowing mauve and orange.” ― Kate Morton
- “The sky, at sunset, looked like a carnivorous flower.” ― Roberto Bolaño
- “I am inspired by anything beautiful. Sometimes it’s a pair of eyes or flowing gorgeous hair, other times it’s the sky or a sunset.” — Nadine Velazquez
- “The sun was setting later and later, leaving behind a strange way of making the time fade away and nearly disappear, as though night truly wouldn’t come.” ― Corinne Beenfield
- “Watching the day slowly bloom into night. That’s how it always seemed to me: not the fading of a withered flower, but the opening of some dark, rich blossom, with unexpected hues and heavy scents.” ― Patricia A. McKillip
- “The redness had seeped from the day and night was arranging herself around us. Cooling things down, staining and dyeing the evening purple and blue black.” ― Sue Monk Kidd
- “There’s a special quality to the loneliness of dusk, a melancholy more brooding even than the nights.” – Ed Gorman
- “Enjoy the beauty of a sunset, nature’s farewell kiss for the night.” — Sharon Rene
- “I can’t give you the sunset, but I can give you the night.” ― Erin McCarthy
- “Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.” – Rabindranath Tagore
- “The sky was a bruised red shot with black, almost exactly the colors of a tattoo. Sunset had two minutes left to live.” ― Denis Johnson
- “All my life, I have been in love with the sky. Even when everything was falling apart around me, the sky was always there for me.” — Yoko Ono
- “You don’t need beautiful weather to enjoy the evening. You only need a beautiful heart.”
Evening Sky Captions for Instagram
If you didn’t like any of the quotes on sunset sky from the previous section, here are some simpler but still pretty sky captions for your Instagram.
- The sun goes down. The moon comes up. And life goes on.
- The evening always delivers.
- The sky’s putting on a show again.
- A sinking sun lights up the sky in one last great ‘hoorah’.
- The sky is aglow with the setting sun.
- And when the sun goes down, the stars come out.
- Who needs to chase rainbows when we have sunsets every evening?
- Fifty shades of…pink?
- The sky splashed with vibrant colors.
- “Twilight fell: The sky turned to a light, dusky purple littered with tiny silver stars.”
- Fiery skies tower overhead. Another day draws to a close.
- Witnessing the beauty and awe of the evening.
- Stop. Be still. And watch as the sunset paints the sky with its magic.
- Vivid evening colours enchant the eyes.
- Mother Nature says goodnight.
- The setting sun kindled the sky.
- “The sun slowly sets as if it gives you time to get ready for the darkness.”
- A promise of a new tomorrow.
- Savouring the last of the sun.
- The sun may burn during the day. But it kisses and caresses at dusk.
- All it takes is a fiery sky to calm the fire inside.
- My soul resets with the day.
- Serenity while the sky is on fire.
- The trouble with sunsets is that they have to end.
- Farewell sun. It’s been a pleasure.
- Shutting the door on today.
- A perfect way to end the day.
Sunset Motivational Quotes
If you’d like to inspire your Instagram community, here is a list of motivational sunset quotes that hopefully will resonate with your followers. Especially those that still live under quarantine sunset captions can inspire!
- Live carefully!
- “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within” – Maya Angelou
- “Every sunset is an opportunity to reset.” -Richie Norton
- “Sometimes there’s nothing else to do but breathe and celebrate the joy of life.”
- “Perfect happiness is a beautiful sunset…Not the grand events. Joy comes in sips, not gulps.”- Sharon Draper
- “It’s almost impossible to watch a sunset and not dream.” — Bern Williams
- “Sunsets is a wonderful opportunity for us to appreciate all the great things the sun gives us!” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
- The sun goes down and perspectives change.
- “Sunset shows that LIFE is too beautiful to hold on to the past so Move on to the Present.” -Jennifer Aquillo
- “If you ever want to feel grateful to be alive, look up at the sky as the sun goes down.”
- “Do every day what should be done, and every sunset will see you that much nearer to your goal.” — Elbert Hubbard
- “The sun is never defeated. It falls every night, only to get back up in the morning.”
- “Allow failure to teach you a valuable lesson: Each sunset is the beginning of a very, very beautiful sunrise.” — Sri Chinmoy
- Lose yourself in the sunset. Embrace the moment.
- “When your world moves too fast and you lose yourself in the chaos, introduce yourself to each color of the sunset.” — Christy Ann Martine
- “You want proof there’s a God? Look outside, watch a sunset.” Frank E. Peretti
- “Know what you want to do, hold the thought firmly, and do every day what should be done, and every sunset will see you that much nearer to your goal.” – Elbert Hubbard
- “If you can look at the sunset and smile, then you still have hope.” — Unknown
- “A mind-boggling, awe-inspiring, spine-tingling sunset.” — Unknown
- Never waste any amount of time doing anything important when there is a sunset outside that you should be sitting under!” — C. JoyBell C.
- “When the sun is setting, leave whatever you are doing and watch it.” — Mehmet Murat İldan
- “Let the sea breeze blow your hair, let the sunset bring tranquillity to your heart, let the distant places you travel allow you to explore yourself.” — Somya Kedia
- “Sunsets are my escape in the reality I want to continuously live.” – Rachel Roy
- “Every sunset is an opportunity to reset.” — Richie Norton
- “Keep looking up! I learn from the past, dream about the future and look up. There’s nothing like a beautiful sunset to end a healthy day.” – Rachel Boston
- “Sunsets are my escape into the reality I want to continuously live.” — Rachel Roy
- “Are you dreaming? Stop dreaming; come and watch the sunset, it is better than all the dreams!” — Mehmet Murat Ildan
- “See the beauty of sunset to enjoy the passion of life.” — Debasish Mridha
- “There’s a sunrise and a sunset every single day, and they’re absolutely free. Don’t miss so many of them.” — Jo Walton
- “The best way to live your life is this: At sunset, just think of the beauty of the sunset, because life is nothing but what the present moment offers you!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
- Sunset is a wonderful opportunity for us to appreciate all the great things the sun gives us! – Mehmet Murat ildan
- “A beautiful sunset is your reward for surviving another day. Enjoy as many as you can.”
- “When I consider how, after sunset, the stars come out gradually in troops from behind the hills and woods, I confess that I could not have contrived a more curious and inspiring sight.”
- “When the sun dips below the horizon, something in my soul awakens.” — Unknown
- “Every one of a hundred thousand cities around the world had its own special sunset and it was worth going there, just once, if only to see the sun go down.” — Ryu Murakami
- “Watch the sunset. How does that make you feel? Does it make you feel big or tiny? Because there’s something good about feeling both.” — Amy Grant
- “Life does not come with instructions on how to live, but it does come with trees, sunsets, smiles, and laughter, so enjoy your day.” — Debbie Shapiro
Poetic Sunset Captions for Insta
In this section, you will find a collection of the most poetic sunset quotes, abstract such as sunset silhouette quotes for Instagram. They are not for everyone’s taste, however, most of us can appreciate some poetry from time to time.
- “Sunsets are Mother Nature’s way of saying she loves us.”
- “Sunsets are proof that endings can often be beautiful too.” — Beau Taplin
- Purple skies ignite the sand and my mind expands in wonder.
- “It is almost impossible to watch a sunset and not dream” – Bernard Williams
- “The sun has gone to bed and so must I.” — The Sound of Music
- “I like people who get excited about the change of seasons, the sound of the ocean, the sun, drowning in the horizon, the smell of rain, and starry nights.” – Brooke Hampton
- “Sunsets are Mother Nature’s finest works of art.”
- “Whenever you want to see me, always look at the sunset; I will be there.” — Grace Ogot
- “Our beloved ball of flame drops, kisses, and then sinks below the horizon.”
- “That was her magic – she could still see the sunset, even on the darkest days.” — Atticus
- “Setting suns — a clarion call for peace, presence, and perspective.” — Unknown
- “The red sun seemed to tip one end of a pair of scales below the horizon, and simultaneously to lift an orange moon at the other.” — Patrick Leigh Fermor
- “Sunsets trigger something primeval within my soul. It’s impossible not to marvel.”
- “Time does not stop in the world as the sun sets, but time stops in your mind and you remain motionless just like a statue.” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
- ”The sun bids us farewell for another day and gets ready to greet people on foreign shores.”
- “Age is irrelevant. Ask me how many sunsets I’ve seen, hearts I’ve loved, trips I’ve taken, or concerts I’ve been to. That’s how old I am.” — Joëlle
- “Sunset is a moment where all emotions are experienced: melancholy, amazement, intoxication, casuistry, admiration, love, sadness…” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
- “Sunsets are proof that every day has something to celebrate.”
- “When someone asks me what my favorite colors is, I should just say, ‘sunset.’” — Unknown
- “Don’t waste sunrises on people who will escape by dusk.” — Unknown
- “The sun sets and my heart expands. Hope. For now, nothing else matters.” — Unknown
- “Every moment of life is unique — a kiss, a sunset, a dance, a joke. None will ever recur in quite the same way. Each happens only once in the history of the universe.” — S. Nachmanovitch
More poetic captions for sunset posts
- “…She remembered watching a summer sunset from this very spot. Not so long ago; just a lifetime.” — Sharon Kay Penman
- “Sunset angles through the heavy curtains, drawn against the light. Dust motes dance in the red beams, ash above a dying fire. I feel like I am inside a heart, surrounded by bloody red.”
- “With every sunset a new hope is born, and an old expectation dies.” — Noor Unnahar
- “Sunsets are just little glimpses of the golden streets of heaven.” — Unknown
- “Why is sunset more colorful than sunrise? It’s an irony of life saying ‘sometimes, good things happen in goodbyes.” — Unknown
- “The sun rises, the sun falls, the wind blows and the birds sing no matter where you are. These are experiences that unite us all… something we can all enjoy together.” — Melanie Charlene
- “The sun was now in its death throes, bruising the sky a coiling purpose and orange.” – Harlan Coben
- “Sunlight dripping below the horizon is like silence between musical notes. Magic.”
- “Enjoy the beauty of a sunset and enjoy nature’s farewell kiss for the night” – Sharon Rene
- “She was not perfect. She was just stuck. In that pretty little zone between sunsets and moonlight.” — Unknown
- “If you can look at the sunset and smile, then you still have hope.”— Unknown
- “He glanced at the sun which, old professional that it was, chose that moment to drop below the horizon.” – Terry Pratchett
Sunset captions with friends
- Food, friends, sunsets.
- Sunset + Beach + Friends + Food = Perfection
- “Some days, a beautiful sunset with your best friend can be one of the most peaceful and relaxing mediations of the day.” — Charles Schulz
- “Science will never be able to reduce the value of a sunset to arithmetic. Nor can it reduce friendship to formula. Laughter and love, pain and loneliness, the challenge of beauty and truth: these will always surpass the scientific mastery of nature.” – Louis Orr
Most Beautiful Sunset Captions for Instagram
- The sunset sky speaks of a thousand of colors.
- Sumptuous sunsets shine superbly above my head.
- Setting suns- a clarion call for peace, presence, and perspective.
- Endless horizons and blood-red skies.
- Endless evening colours stretch from the horizon and into my heart.
- Colours so bright you’d think it’s a trick of the light.
- Sunsets are always magical, mystical, and marvellous.
- Time stands still as the sun starts to sink.
- A ball of fire lights up the sky as another day draws to a close.
- To view a sunset from above the trees is to find heaven.
- The real magic happens in a sunset’s final moments.
- Dazzling colours leave me bewildered at the world’s beauty.
- A moment of saffron and gold.
- Cotton-candy sunsets.
Most Beautiful Quotes for Instagram
- “The water was glassy and calm, still candy-colored in the afterglow of sunset.” – Stephen King
- “Nature is painting for us, day after day, pictures of infinite beauty if only we have the eyes to see them.” – John Ruskin
- “Meanwhile the sunsets are mad orange fools raging in the gloom.” – Jack Kerouac
- “Meet me where the sky touches the sea.” – Jennifer Donnelly
- “Sunsets, like childhood, are viewed with wonder not just because they are beautiful but because they are fleeting.” — Richard Paul Evans
- “As angry as the sky looks, it’s still full of the colors of love.” – Anthony T. Hincks
- “Dark clouds become heaven’s flowers when kissed by light.” — Rabindranath Tagore
- “Every moment in life is unique. A kiss, a sunset, a dance, a joke. None will ever occur in quite the same way. Each happens only once in the history of the universe.” – Stephen Nachmanovich
Like me? Pine me for later! 🙂