Looking for cool hiking captions for Instagram photos or beautiful and funny hiking quotes for Instagram posts? If so, you came to the right place! Sometimes, all you need is a good and simple hiking quote that will engage your audience and make one of the best captions on Instagram!
Below, you’ll find the very best Instagram captions for hiking photos divided into categories to make searching for the perfect caption for hiking posts easy.
You’ll find here super funny hiking captions including hiking puns for Instagram and funny hiking quotes for Instagram, quotes about hiking mountains, captions about hiking in nature, short hiking quotes, best Instagram captions for hiking pictures, best ideas for hiking with friends caption, hiking dog captions and morning hike caption, inspirational hiking captions for Insta, adventure trekking captions and poetic quotes hiking related.
I recommend using the table of content to find the section you’re most interested in. Also, feel free to copy any hike quote or caption you like for your own use!
Best Hiking Captions for Instagram
Ready to find that perfect hiking caption to wow your audience? Here are some of the best simple hiking captions for Instagram photos, because great hiking captions for IG don’t need to be long or complicated.
- Let’s wander where the wifi is weak.
- If you think you’ve peaked, find a new mountain.
- Hike more, worry less.
- Go where you feel the most alive.
- It’s a hill. Get over it.
- I’m not lost. I’m exploring.
- Live your life by a compass, not a clock.
- For the sake of your soul, venture out.
- Always take the scenic route.
- All good things are wild and free.
- Do more things that make you forget to check your phone.
- We have nothing to lose and a world to see.
- Life is better in hiking boots.
You may also like:
Best Hiking Quotes for Instagram
In the previous section, we had a collection of sweet and short walking captions for Instagram. This section is a collection of the best quotes about mountaineering and other hiking quotes Instagram community will love! Which quote about hiking best resonates with you? (next one up – funny captions about hiking)
- “Everything worthwhile is uphill! EVERYTHING.” – John Maxwell
- “Not all who wander are lost”- JRR Tolkien
- “The mountains are calling and I must go.”- John Muir
- “The only Zen you can find on the tops of mountains is the Zen you bring up there.” — Unknown
- “There is no wifi in the forest, but I promise you will find a better connection.” – Unknown
- “When you’re tired, focus on the sights.” — Unknown
- “If you’re on the right path, it will always be uphill.” – Henry B. Eyring
- “Some beautiful paths can’t be discovered without being lost.” – Erol Ozan
- “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.”- John Muir
- “The stars were better company anyway.” — David Eddings
- “There is no such thing as bad weather, only inappropriate clothing.”- Sir Rannulph Fiennes
- “Walking is a man’s best medicine”- Hippocrate
- “To travel, to experience and learn: that is to live.”- Tenzing Norgay
- “The hardest mountain to climb is the one within.” — J. Lynn
- “If we were meant to stay in one place we’d have roots instead of feet” – Rachel Wolchin
- “If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn’t lead anywhere.” — Frank A. Clark
- “Just put one foot in front of the other.” — Austin Peck
- “Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time.” — Steven Wright
- “The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.”- Lao Tzu
- “May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing views. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds.”- Edward Abbey
- “After a day’s walk, everything has twice its usual value.”- G.M. Trevelyan
- “Me thinks that the moment my legs begin to move, my thoughts begin to flow.”— H. Thoreau
- “Somewhere between the bottom of the climb and the summit is the answer to the mystery why we climb.”- Greg Child
- “Jobs fill your pockets, but adventures fill your soul.”- Jaime Lyn Beatty
- “A path is a prior interpretation of the best way to traverse a landscape.”- Rebecca Solnit
- “Climbing is as close as we can come to flying.”— Margaret Young
- “Climb mountains, not so the world can see you, but so you can see the world.”
- “And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul” – John Miur
- “Hiking is not for everyone. Notice the wilderness is mostly empty.”- Sonja Yoerg
Want to take awesome travel photos? Check out my guide to the best cameras for bloggers.
Funny Hiking Captions for Instagram
Okay, in the previous section we’ve had some of the best hiking quotes for Instagram and now it’s time for hiking captions funny as heck! This is a collection of funny IG captions that will hopefully bring a smile to your face! Get those cool hiking shots of yours ready and choose your favourite funny hiking Instagram captions!
- Take a hike and get lost.
- I know I hike like a girl, try to keep up.
- Hiking is my cardio.
- Hiking is my therapy.
- Nature baby.
- May the forest be with you.
- Go wild for a while.
- DEET is nature’s cologne.
- On a date with the mountains.
- Getting blisters with my sisters.
- Hiking is cheaper than therapy.
- Bet you can’t beat me to the top!
- Adventure served on the rocks.
- Another day, another hike.
- It feels good to be lost in the right direction.
- May the forest be with you.
- Too much fresh air is not a thing.
- Hiking side effects include sweating, euphoria, and general awesomeness.
- I don’t get it. the trail looked so flat on the map.
- One, two, three steps more to the top.
- I’d rather be hiking in the rain than sitting inside at a desk on a sunny day.
Funny Hiking Quotes for Instagram
So, we’ve had a section with the best funny captions for Instagram, this section is all about hiking quotes funny and witty! Which funny trekking caption for Instagram is your favourite?
- “I have two doctors, my left leg and my right.” — G.M. Trevelyan
- “Sleeping bags are the soft tacos of the bear world.” – Bears
- “I might look like I am listening to you, but in my mind, I am hiking.” — Unknown
- “Hiking is the answer. Who cares what the question is.” – Unknown
- “The closer you are to nature the further you are from idiots.” — Unknown
- “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” — John Muir
- “It isn’t the mountain ahead that wears you out; it’s the grain of sand in your shoe.” – Unknown
- It’s all fun and games until you hear a twig snap behind you.
- “Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in an office or mowing the lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain.” — Jack Kerouac
- “Always hike with someone in worse shape than you. The bears out there will know.” – Unknow
- “There are two kinds of climbers: those who climb because their heart sings when they’re in the mountains, and all the rest.” — Alex Lowe
- “Climbing at altitude is like hitting your head against a brick wall — it’s great when you stop.” – Unknow
- “What on earth would I do if four bears came into my camp? Why, I would die of course. Literally shit myself lifeless.” — Bill Bryson
- “Some women want diamonds… Others just want a hammock, a campfire, and some peace & quiet.” — Unknown
- “Happiness and hiking go hand in hand, or foot in boot.” – Diane Spicer
- “Hiking is just walking where it’s okay to pee.” — Demetri Martin
- “When life gives you mountains, put on your boots and hike.” – Unknow
- “Bring a compass. It’s awkward when you have to eat your friends.” — Unknown
- “Camping is not a date; it’s an endurance test. If you can survive camping with someone, you should marry them on the way home.” — Yvonne Prinz
- “Me thinks that the moment my legs begin to move, my thoughts begin to flow.”— H. Thoreau
- “Hiking is the best workout. You can hike for three hours and not even realize you’re working out. And, hiking alone lets me have some time to myself.” — Jamie Luner
Funny Hiking Pun Captions
Okay, so we’ve had hiking funny captions and outdoor hiking quotes funny style and in this section, you will get more inspo with these funny hiking puns Instagram captions.
- Hiking can be a pine in the ass, but I love it.
- You trek a lot. Don’t you Everest?
- I’m all a-boot hiking.
- Sticking to the backcountry rivers, because they’re less mainstream.
- This hike rocked.
- You need a change of altitude!
- To summit all up…we had a great time.
- The hill looked hard at first, but I got over it.
- This hike was climb and punishment.
- This is my kind of streaming. (photo by a river)
- I love camping — it’s in-tents.
- Netflix and chill? More like Trailmix and Hill.
- Don’t ever leaf me.
- Hey, did you hear the joke about the hill? I couldn’t get over it!
- On a tree-mendous hike with you.
- Mountains aren’t just funny. They’re hill-areas.
- “Feeling LOW? Go on mountains.” — Prajakta Mhadnak
- What did you say? I lost my terrain of thought!
- Plateaus are the highest form of flattery.
- Hiking really Alps clear my mind.
- Gorge-ous views as far as the eye canyon see.
Inspirational Quotes for Hiking
So far we’ve had the very best hiking quotes, funny captions for hiking pictures and hiking captions puns and quotes. Would you like to inspire your audience with some clever hiking captions? This section is a list of super inspirational quotes and very good captions for hiking photos to motivate your readers.
- “Only one who wanders finds a new path.” — Norwegian Proverb
- “The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.” — Marcel Proust
- “If you are on the right path, it will always be uphill.” — Henry B. Eyring
- “I love places that make you realize how tiny you and your problems are.” – Unknown
- “When the sun is shining I can do anything; no mountain is too high, no trouble too difficult to overcome.” — Wilma Rudolph
- “Fall down seven times and stand up eight.” — Japanese Proverb
- “The only way is forward.” — Unknown
- The summit is what drives us, but the climb itself is what matters – Conrad Anker
- “It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.” — Confucius
- “Me thinks that the moment my legs begin to move, my thoughts begin to flow.”- Henry David Thoreau
- “For hiking is one of those things that you can only do when you have the determination in you.” — Unknown
- “If you are seeking creative ideas, go out walking. Angels whisper to a man when he goes for a walk.” — Raymond Inmon
- “If you’re going through hell, keep going.” — Winston Churchill
- “No matter how rough it gets, just keep on moving.” — Unknown
- “The best way out is always through.” — Robert Frost
- “Faith moves mountains, but you have to keep pushing while you are praying.” — Unknown
- Your mountain may be harder to climb but oh the view, the view is divine – Jennae Cecilia
- “Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go.” — T.S. Eliot
- Never follow someone else’s path unless you’re in the woods and you’re lost, and you see a path. By all means, you should follow that. – Ellen DeGeneres
- It’s not all about the views from the top of the mountain, there are so many beautiful things you pass on your journey to the top. Appreciate the beauty of the path – Unknown
- “Think outside, no box required.” – Unknow
- “Hiking and happiness go hand in hand or foot in the boot.” – Diane Spicer
- “People do not decide to become extraordinary. They decide to accomplish extraordinary things.”- Edmund Hillary
- Keep going! Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.
Adventure and Hike Quotes + Hiking Sayings
Are you looking for the best Instagram hiking captions that will inspire a sense of adventure in you and your followers? Here are some of the best hiking captions to inspire adventure including some super catchy captions for Instagram picture and best adventure captions for Instagram. Which Insta caption for trekking adventure resonates with you best?
- “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.” — Helen Keller
- “Blessed are the curious, for they shall have adventures.” – Lovelle Drachman
- “There is always an adventure waiting in the woods.” — Katelyn S. Bolds
- “Jobs fill your pockets. Adventures fill your soul.” – Jaime Lyn Beatty
- “Without new experiences, something inside of us sleeps. The sleeper must awaken.” – Unknow
- “Sometimes you just need an adventure to cleanse the bitter taste of life from your soul.” – Unknow
- “Traveling shouldn’t be just a tour, it should be a tale.” — Amit Kalantri
- “I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.”– Robert Frost
- “Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “It is a big beautiful world. Most of us live and die in the same corner where we were born and never get to see any of it. I don’t want to be most of us.” – Oberyn Martell, Game of Thrones
- “You must go on adventures to find out where you truly belong.” – Sue Fitzmaurice
- “I have a restless spirit. The need to roam and explore this earth is in my soul.” – Unknown
- “Adventure isn’t hanging off a rope on the side of a mountain. Adventure is an attitude we must apply to the day to day obstacles of life.” — John Amatt
- “The world is big, and I want to get a good look at it before it gets dark.” – John Miur
- Never stop exploring.
- Wild is my favourite colour.
- There is pleasure in the pathless woods.
- The world is ours to explore.
Hiking with Friends Quotes
Looking for that perfect hiking with friends quote? Hiking is fun when you can share the joy with friends! Here is a collection of the best trekking with friends quotes and hiking captions with friends. Which caption for trekking with friends is your favourite?
- “There is a whole world out there. Pack your backpack, your best friend, and go.”—Unknown
- “It doesn’t matter where you are going, it’s who you have beside you.” — Unknown
- “Happiness is hiking with friends.” – Unknown
- “A journey is best measured in friends rather than miles.” — Tim Cahill
- “What we find in a soulmate is not something wild to tame, but something wild to run with.” – Unknow
- “A good friend listens to your adventures. A best friend makes them with you.” — Unknown
- “Good company in a journey makes the way seem shorter.” — Izaak Walton
More Hiking with Friends Captions
If you haven’t chosen your favourite caption for hiking with friends photo, here are some more ideas.
- Life was meant for good friends & great adventures.
- Friends that travel together, stay together.
- It’s not where you go, but who you go with.
- It’s not how many miles you walk, it’s how many smiles you share.
- A journey well shared is a journey well enjoyed.
- Sharing adventures means enjoying them 100% more.
- Sometimes, all you need is a great friend and thirst for adventure.
- Who stands beside you on the journey is more important than where the trail leads to.
Mountain Hiking Quotes
Are you looking for mountain trekking quotes and mountain Instagram captions? Here are some of the best hiking mountain captions Instagram will love!
- Dear mountains, I think about you all the time.
- The mountains have been calling.
- The best view comes after the hardest climb.
- “I like being near the top of a mountain. One can’t get lost here.”- Wislawa Szymborska
- “Mountains have a way of dealing with overconfidence.” – Hermann Buhl
- “Mountains are not fair or unfair, they are just dangerous.” — Reinhold Messner
- Life should have more mountains and less stress.
- “It’s not the mountain that we conquer, but ourselves.” – Edmund Hillary
- “The experienced mountain climber is not intimidated by a mountain he is inspired by it.” – Unknown
- “Everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you’re climbing.” – Andy Rooney
- “Every mountain has its soul… if the mountain does not accept you and you don’t submit to her will, she will destroy you.” — Bernadette McDonald
- “No matter how sophisticated you may be, a large granite mountain cannot be denied – it speaks in silence to the very core of your being.”— Ansel Adams
- “You are not in the mountains. The mountains are in you.” — John Muir
- “Climb the mountain not to plant your flag, but to embrace the challenge, enjoy the air and behold the view. Climb it so you can see the world. Not so the world can see you.” – David McCullough Jr.
- “There may be more to learn from climbing the same mountain a hundred times than by climbing a hundred different mountains.” — Richard R. Nelson
- “The view up here is breathtaking, and I know its all downhill from up here – unknown.” – Unknown
More Mountain Trekking Quotes
If you haven’t found any suitable hiking mountain quotes or captions for hiking a mountain here are some more ideas.
- “No mountain remains a mystery when you take steps to conquer it.” — Unknown
- Life is short! Go to the mountains and never look back.
- “Each fresh peak ascended teaches something.”- Sir Martin Conway
- “I’ve realized that at the top of the mountain, there’s another mountain.” — Andrew Garfield
- “Chasing angels or fleeing demons, go to the mountains.” — Jeffrey Rasley
- May your dreams be larger than mountains and may you have the courage to scale their summits – Harley King
- “When preparing to climb a mountain — pack a light heart.” — Dan May
- “No mountain remains a mystery when you take steps to conquer it.” — Unknown
- “Mountains make me believe that nothing can be bigger than nature, not even human ego.” – Unknown
- You don’t have to move mountains. Simply fall in love with life. Be a tornado of happiness, gratitude and acceptance. You will change the world by being a warm, kind hearted human being – Anita Krizzan
- “May your dreams be larger than mountains and may you have the courage to scale their summits.” — Harley King
- You’re off to great places. Today is your day. Your mountain is waiting. So get on your way. – Dr Seuss
Hiking Quotes Short Style
While the previous two sections were all about Instagram captions for mountain hiking and quotes about mountain hiking, this section is a list of short and sweet trekking Instagram captions to help you in finding that perfect caption for trekking pic.
- I just want to explore.
- Wonder. Wander. Repeat.
- This is my happy place.
- Out here, I feel alive.
- Hike Your Own Hike.
- Leave nothing behind but footprints.
- I prefer the scenic route.
- The journey is the reward.
- Sky above, earth below and peace within.
- My heart was made to hike.
- Stop following others and create your own path in life.
- Always say yes to new adventures.
- Leave the roads, take the trails.
- A vagrant is everywhere at home.
- The sun shines brightest from the peaks of mountains.
Hiking Quotes for Couples + Hiking Instagram Captions for Couples
This section is for those of you that are looking for hiking Instagram captions with boyfriend! Hiking together can be a super romantic date idea and if you’re planning to post a photo from your hike, here is a collection of hiking couple quotes perfect for those awesome pics with your bf.
- Your partner is both home and adventure all at once.
- Oh, darling, let’s be adventurers.
- “Actually, the best gift you could have given her was a lifetime of adventures.” — Lewis Carroll
- Bring me coffee, take me hiking, and tell me I’m sexy.
- “I know there’s nature all around, but I can’t keep my eyes off of you.” — Unknown
- “You keep me safe, I’ll keep you wild.” — Unknown
- “Take your potential someone into the forest. If they smile through the sweat and whistle with the wind, your adventures will never end.” — Unknown
- There’s no one I’d rather walk the trails with than you.
- “Instead of Netflix and chill, we watch sunsets on a hill.”
- “Let’s travel together and get lost in beautiful places.”“The perfect pair of hiking boots brings you safely through thrumming rivers and broken rocks; the perfect partner is walking right beside you.” — Unknown
- “Think of every date as one step up — they’re leading you to a beautiful peak.” – Unknown
- “Like the weightlessness of standing at the peak, a soulmate makes you feel free.” — Unknown
- “Ain’t no mountain high enough, ain’t no valley low enough, ain’t no river wide enough, to keep me from getting to you babe.” — Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell
- “Here’s to all the places we went. And here’s to all the places we’ll go. And here’s to me, whispering again and again and again and again: I love you.” — John Green
- “The right someone will hack through the bushes and challenge the woods, but most importantly, they’ll enjoy every step with you.” — Unknown
- “Why should a relationship mean settling down? Wait for someone who won’t let life escape you, who’ll challenge you and drive you towards your dreams. Someone spontaneous who you can get lost in the world with.” — Beau Taplin
- “I’ve fallen in love with adventures, so I begin to wonder, if that’s why I’ve fallen for you.”
Morning Hike Quotes
Enough with love and cute hiking captions with boyfriend! Here are the two best early morning hike quotes.
- “An early morning walk is a blessing for the whole day.” – Henry David Thoreau
- There is nothing more beautiful than nature early in the morning – Vincent Van Gogh
Captions for Hiking Pictures
This section will give you more inspiration for the best hiking photo captions including mountain climbing Instagram captions and inspirational hiking picture captions. Have you found the perfect caption for trekking pics yet?
- Adventure awaits.
- Life’s a climb but the view is great.
- I hike to burn off the crazy.
- Happiness walks on busy feet.
- The view is always worth the climb.
- Here is a photo of me and my therapist.
- The best views come after the hardest climb.
- Some of the best memories are made in hiking shoes.
- I have a therapist. Her name is nature.
- I don’t need therapy I just need to go hiking.
- It’s not a competition to reach the top, it’s a promise you make with yourself.
- You can’t climb up a mountain with downhill thoughts.
More Quotes about Trekking
Here are some more awesome trekking captions for Instagram and beautiful trekking quotes for Instagram. I really love the first quote, how about you?
- “Embrace the detours.”- Kevin Charbonneau
- “A walk in nature walks the soul back home.”- Mary Davis
- “The woods are lovely, dark, and deep. But I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep.” — Robert Frost
- Fresh air and muddy boots make everything better.” — Unknown
- “When everything feels like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top.” — Unknown
- “You need special shoes for hiking – and a bit of a special soul as well.”- Terri Guillemets
- “Somewhere on your journey, don’t forget to turn around and enjoy the view.” — Unknown
- “Carry as little as possible, but choose that little with care.”- Earl Shaffer
Hiking with Dog Captions
Have you got a fluffy best friend that loves coming on walks with you? If you do, then this list of hiking with dog Instagram captions is perfect for you!
- The most dapper hiking buddy I ever did see.
- This hike is pretty pawfect.
- Tis the season to be cheesin’ with your pup.
- Love is a four-legged word.
- Crushing this hike with this little dude.
- Life’s not ruff when this one is around.
- Whenever I felt like giving up on this hike, this pup right here made me feel like I could do anything.
Captions for Instagram on Nature & Hiking
Are you after a nature hike Instagram caption? This list is a collection of beautiful nature hiking captions Instagram style including famous captions for Instagram posts and super cute captions for Instagram posts.
- “Look deep into nature and you will understand everything better.”- Albert Einstein
- “Nature is not a place to visit. It is home.” — Unknown
- It is in the still silence of nature that one will find true bliss – J.J.C.
- “We live in a fast-paced society. Walking slows us down.” — Robert Sweetgall
- “Nature is the greatest place to heal and recharge.” — Unknown
- “I love walking in the woods, along the trails, by the beaches. I love being part of nature. I love walking alone. It is therapy. One needs to be alone, to recharge one’s batteries.”- Grace Kelly
- “Life’s better when you add fresh air, a warm campfire, brights stars, and s’mores” — Unknown
- “In all things of nature there is something of the marvelous.” — Aristotle
- “Between every two pines is a doorway to a new world.” – John Muir
- “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.” — Unknown
- “The earth has music for those who listen.” – William Shakespeare
- “Sometimes, nature is all you need.” — Shikoba
- “Hiking is not escapism; it’s realism. The people who choose to spend time outdoors are not running away from anything; we are returning to where we belong.” — Jennifer Pharr Davis
More Instagram Captions for Hiking & Nature
If you haven’t found any good hiking captions on nature in the previous section, here is some more inspiration for that perfect caption for hiking photos.
- “In every walk with nature, one receives far more than he seeks.”- John Muir
- “To walk in nature is to witness a thousand miracles.” — Mary Davis
- “Nature never did betray the heart that loved her.” – William Wordsworth
- “I found far more answers in the woods than I ever did in the city.” — Mary Davis
- “In all things of nature there is something of the marvellous.”- Aristotle
- “I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than trees.” — Henry David Thoreau
- “I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, and as vital to our lives as water and good bread.” — Edward Abbey
- “The clearest way into the universe is through a forest wilderness.”- John Muir
- “Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you.” — Frank Lloyd Wright
- “Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience.”- Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “The clearest way into the universe is through a forest wilderness.” — John Muir
- There is no designer like Mother Nature.
- Nature is cheaper than therapy.
- Keep close to nature’s heart.
- Nature is not a place to visit, it is home.
Beautiful & Poetic Quotes on Hiking
The last two sections are a list of the best Instagram captions for hiking that are a little longer and more poetic. Check it out and see if you can select that perfect poetic Insta caption for trekking photos.
- “Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life.” — Rachel Carson
- “Now I see the secret of making the best person, it is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth.” — Walt Whitman
- “Deep in the forest I stroll to hear the wisdom of my soul.” — Angie Weiland Crosby
- “The wild woman has a deep love of nature; a love for the ancient mother. Though possibly misunderstood, it has always been in her. When she goes into the wilderness, a part of her soul is going home.” — Shikoba
- “Today, she is standing at the top of a mountain and appreciating the majestic panoramic view of mesmerizing Himalaya. As a kid, she used to look up in the sky and wish for wings to fly up to the mountains. And now after a long wait of many years, she is standing here and living her dream.” — Ashish Bhardwa
- “The mountains whisper for me to wander; my soul hikes to the call.” — Angie Weiland Crosby
- “Although I deeply love oceans, deserts, and other wild landscapes, it is only mountains that beckon me with that sort of painful magnetic pull to walk deeper and deeper into their beauty.” — Victoria Erickson
- “I walked slowly to enjoy this freedom, and when I came out of the mountains, I saw the sky over the prairie, and I thought that if heaven was real, I hoped it was a place I never had to go, for this earth was greater than any paradise.” — Daniel J. Rice
- “I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.” — Henry David Thoreau
- “We don’t stop hiking because we grow old — we grow old because we stop hiking.” – Unknown
- “A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world.” — Paul Dudley White
More Quotes about Hiking
And here are some more best trekking captions for Instagram…
- “Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountains is going home; that wildness is a necessity.” — John Muir
- “Walk away quietly in any direction and taste the freedom of the mountaineer.”— John Muir
- “Our minds, as well as our bodies, have need of the out-of-doors. Our spirits, too, need simple things, elemental things, the sun and the wind and the rain, moonlight, and starlight, sunrise and mist and mossy forest trails, the perfumes of dawn and the smell of fresh-turned earth and the ancient music of wind among the trees.” — Edwin Way Teale
- “You never climb the same mountain twice, not even in memory. Memory rebuilds the mountain, changes the weather, retells the jokes, remakes all the moves.” — Lito Flores
- “May your search through nature lead you to yourself.” — Shikoba
- “All truly great thoughts are conceived by walking.” — Friedrich Nietzsche
- “Hiking is a bit like life: The journey only requires you to put one foot in front of the other…again and again and again. And if you allow yourself the opportunity to be present throughout the entirety of the trek, you will witness beauty every step of the way, not just at the summit.” – Unknown
- “I slow down when hiking. The rhythm of nature is more leisurely. The sun comes up, it moves across the sky, and you begin to synchronize to that rhythm.” — John Mackey
- “Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature’s peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn.” — John Muir
I hope you enjoyed the 300 best beautiful, clever and funny hiking quotes for Instagram and best hiking Instagram captions! If you have any questions, let me know in the comments. Otherwise, I hope to see your awesome hiking pics on Insta. Let’s connect!
Like me? Pin me for later! 🙂